One of the best thing about android is we can use custom ROM for our device, which is a great way to customize your android device to your needs. Custom ROMs comes with great features than those stock ROMs. Before proceeding to next step first you need to find right Custom ROM for your needs.
After you get the right ROM next thing is to install it on your android device. You can do this in several ways like Flash in recovery mode or can simply with using an app “Rom Manager”.
ROM Manger is a great app that helps users with rooted device and wants often to change their ROMs or just want to play or try different ROMs. Besides flashing ROM, ROM manager always keeps your ClockworkMod up to date and it is also capable of taking backup of your old ROM before flashing.
It comes with Free and paid versions. Paid version got some additional features like auto backup and some other features. Let’s start now.
How to install custom ROM on your Android phone using ROM Manager
- First, you need to download and install the ROM Manager app on your Android device.
- After installing, launch the app and from the main menu, tap on “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery”.
- Next you need to confirm your phone’s model. Select your phone’s model and then your phone will reboot and flash CWM.
- Now, before you go installing any custom ROMs, It is always good to back up your current ROM. To do that, tap on the “Backup Current ROM”.
- Type a name for the backup and then click OK.
- You need to allow ROM Manager superuser access, tap on ‘Allow’ to grant this. The backup process can take some time.
- Once done, reopen ROM Manager and tap on ‘Install ROM from SD card’.
- Now find the folder and select the .zip file where you saved the .zip file for ROM. A box should pop up with three options like the image shown below.
- Mark the ‘Wipe Data and Cache’ and ‘Wipe Dalvik’ boxes, and then click OK. The phone will now reboot and start installing your custom ROM. This might take a little while, sometimes up to 15 minutes, so be patient and don’t panic if the device appears to have frozen.
When it’s done the device will reboot and will ask you to enter your Google account details to start up with your new ROM. Now login with your Google credentials and start enjoying your new ROM.