Most used web browser shortcuts
There are many shortcut keys available that can help you with your internet browsing experience. I am providing with some most used keyboard shortcuts below.
- Press F11 to make your browser screen to full screen. u can again press F11 to come back to normal view.
- Press Ctrl + B to open website bookmarks.
- Press Ctrl + F to open search box to find any text you want within the browsing web page.
- Press Ctrl + L or Alt +D to move mouse cursor to the address field.
- Press F5 or Ctrl + R to refresh or reload current webpage.
- Press Ctrl + “+” key or “-“ key to zoom in or zoom out the web page. Ctrl + 0 will bring back to normal view.
- Press Ctrl + N to open a new tab or a new window.
- Press Ctrl + Tab to move between tabs.
- Press Esc to stop load a page.
Use search engine to its full potential
There are many search engines available on internet. Google is the most used search engine. To refine your search and to get the accurate search results you need to follow some tips.
Try to use appropriate words rather than big sentences.
Find some quick answer from search engines using some simple keys given below.
- Use define before any word to get its definition.
- You can use math equations like 65*34567 or 321-30% or any complex equations in search field to solve it.
- You can use unit conversions like 10 degree in Fahrenheit.
- Search weather to know about current weather of your city or you can just type any city name followed by weather like weather Delhi to see its weather.
Some use full search operators.
Also you can use some search operators to get specific search results.
- site: To get search results from that particular site. Examples: site: infinow.com
- link: To get pages that link to a certain page. Example: link:jantrajyotisha.com
- related: To get sites that are similar to a web address you already know. Example: related:gameszan.net
- OR To get pages that might use one of several words. Example: marathon OR race
You can use tabbed browsing in all internet browsers. It will help you in many ways like if you are searching for something in any search engine and you want to visit different websites from your search result. Instead of going to a website and coming back to search result you can rather open desired websites in different tabs. It will certainly save your time. You can use methods like hold down Ctrl key and click mouse button or you can press only your mouse wheel to open any link in a new tab. You can also use Ctrl + T shortcut key to open link in a new tab.
Easy way to move between fields of an online form or text fields
When filling out an online form or text fields or writing emails you need to move between different fields to fill required data in it. Rather than using mouse to move cursor between different fields you can press TAB key to move to next field or Shift + TAB to move to previous field. This applies to buttons also. If you need to find a word or name in long dropdown field instead of scrolling down with mouse you can simply type first one or two letters of the word to quickly jump to it.